How to copy and paste on Chromebook
Know how to copy and paste on chromebook on your own
This could be by a quick press of different keyboard combinations or a flicker of the mouse. In this post, we will show you how to copy and paste on chromebook.
We are living in a world that is of digital shortcuts. Some of the tasks which are taking a long time to execute on your devices can be performed much more comfortably.
Chromebooks are cheaper, faster, and simpler but they will be confusing to one who comes from other operating systems. When you create documents on your Chromebook copy and paste you can avoid typing repetitive text by using the copy and paste functions. These functions can be done in several ways on the keyboard and also with the touchpad.
We will explain to you how you copy and paste on a Chromebook like texts, documents, folders, images, terminal commands, and output. Here we will focus on two main utilities, they are keyboard and the Chromebook touchpad or mouse. Before getting started, let’s understand how you can perform a right-click on a Chromebook.
How to copy and paste on Chromebook:
There are three widely accepted methods that are used for copying and pasting data on a Chromebook. Each one has the same functionality, but it is a matter of figuring out which one is more comfortable.
These are the keyboard combinations that result in any action on your computer. The keyboard combination that is used to copy and paste on a Chromebook are:
Ctrl + C when you use this keyboard hotkey combination it will copy the highlighted text that you selected with your trackpad. If you want to paste the text that you have copied, you will use the Hotkeys ctrl + v on your keyboard.
Use the chrome browser:
if you want to copy text, then highlight it with your trackpad. Next, you need to go to the upper right of your chrome browser to the three dots and click on it with your trackpad. Then move the cursor down to copy and click on it.
This will copy the text you have highlighted. Again click the three dots with your trackpad, navigate down to paste and click on it. Then you can insert the text you have copied to your desired destination.
Use the trackpad:
It is easy to use your Chromebook trackpad to copy and paste. First, you need to highlight the text you need to get copied. Next, you can use the right-click function to access the drop-down menu.
Then a menu of commands will appear on the screen. Then click your Chromebook’s trackpad on the copy command. In turn, it will copy your highlighted text selection. Click the place you would like to insert the text and you can use the select paste to transfer the text to your page.
These are the options that will let you copy and paste on Chromebook. You can use hotkeys, chrome browser, trackpad.
How to perform right-click in Chromebook:
Unlike most touchpads, other laptops will have both the left-click and right-click buttons, but Chromebooks will come only with one button, which acts as a left-click.
It might not be very clear for first-time users. There are three ways in which you can perform a right-click action in a chrome book.
The first most straightforward way is to tap the touchpad with two fingers. The second one is to hold the Alt key and click once on the touchpad.
The third way is connecting an external mouse to your Chromebook through the USB port. Here we have how do you copy and paste on Chromebook easily.
1. Copy and paste text selections:
- Step 1: To copy the text, you need to select the text by using the cursor or keyboard. To select using the cursor, you need to click and hold at the beginning of the text to the last and drag. In word documents and text editors, you can select the entire text using the keyboard combination by pressing the keys Ctrl + A.
- Step 2: Once selected, you can copy the text by using the keys on the keyboard ctrl + c. Alternatively, you can right-click on your Chromebook to open the menu. Then select the copy option.
2. Copy and paste files and folders
In this, you can copy and paste media files, applications, text documents, and folders easily with chrome OS.
- Step 1: First, you need to select the particular file and folders you want to copy. If it is a single file, a single click is enough. If you want to select multiple files in order, you need to click and hold on the first file and drag to select other files. If you want to select all files in a folder, you need to use the keyboard combination Ctrl + A.
- Step 2: After selecting, copy the files by pressing Ctrl + C. You can also right-click on the selected folder in which you want to paste and choose the copy option.
- Step 3: If you want to paste, use the keyboard combination Ctrl + V. Then right-click on the destination folder and select the paste option.
3. Copy and paste on the terminal:
f You have installed the linus on your Chromebook, you should check the terminal among the installed applications. If you want to copy and paste on the terminal, the standard Ctrl + C and Ctrl + V keyboard combination will not work alone.
A shift key is included to work the combination. The ctrl c and ctrl+ a combine keys are used to cancel running terminal operations.
- Step 1: if you want to copy terminal content, all you need to do is select it by clicking and holding at the beginning of the text and drag. Here you don’t need to use a keyboard combination like ctrl + c. If this doesn’t work for you, after selecting the content, use the combination ctrl + shift + c to copy.
- Step 2: If you want to paste on the terminal it is much simpler. You can right-click anywhere on the terminal. This action will paste your copied content. Alternatively, you can use the combination ctrl + shift + V to paste.
4. Copy and paste images from the internet
Sometimes you need to use images from the internet in your documents and presentations. Let’s see how you can copy and use these images.
- Step 1: First you need to right-click on the image and select the copy option.
- Step 2: Navigate to the document where you exactly want to paste the image. Right to click and select the paste option from the popup menu.
This completes our post about how to copy and paste on chromebook. Learning how to copy and paste on chromebook is a must and should. It is one of those repetitive actions that you will need to do frequently and quickly. We have four ways that you can apply while performing Chromebook copy and paste.